Friday, March 5, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus


I've always loved a good hummus. I remember my husband making a quick trip to the store after a mighty craving during pregnancy. When I learned what hummus was made of, I realized that this is something that can be easily whipped up at home and just tweak to your liking. This recipe was inspired by this. With just a few changes we've enjoyed something that we just can't get enough of.

1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers (with a splash or two of the juice)
3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 1/2- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (We're sissies here so we go with 1/4)
Salt to taste

Throw all the ingredients into an electric mixture and mix until smooth. let refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with parsley,some sprigs of lettuce (it was all I had), or nothing at all and serve with your favorite cracker or vegetable.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment